Pack up your outdoor gear and grab some scouting equipment. The offseason is the perfect time to discover something new and spend time with Dad:
1. Spend the day scouting dad’s hunting property. Be sure to take along a couple of trail cameras to hang in new areas.
2. A hiking trip can be more than just a walk through the woods. Take along a wild plant book to learn about new plants and trees.
3. Have dad teach the kids to identify animal tracks. Young kids will even enjoy making plaster molds of the tracks they find.
4. Go fishing! Every outdoorsy dad will enjoy a fishing trip.
5. A camping trip is always a great way to spend time with loved ones. Have a trail cam handy to hang around camp to see if any critters visit in the night.
Several of these can be combined for the ultimate Father’s Day weekend. If you were looking for a great gift idea, check out our father's day promotion ending on June 20th, 2021.
Photo credit: Zach Kaiser and daughter (left), Josh Locke and son (middle), and Steve Kaiser with granddaughter (right).
Happy Father’s Day!
Contributors: Daniel Rodriguez, Kevin Warstadt
Photo submissions from: Steve Kaiser, Zach Kaiser, Josh Locke, and Tovah Locke.