Warranty Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Spartan Camera (SC) warrants our Spartan Camera products against defects in material or workmanship from the original date of purchase of the product by a consumer (the “Warranty Period”). The warranty period is variable dependant on the product. If a material or workmanship defect arises with regard to any Spartan Camera, and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, SC will (1) repair the camera using new or refurbished parts or (2) replace the camera with a new or refurbished product. For purposes of this limited warranty, “refurbished” means a product or part that has been substantially returned to its original specifications. In the event of a defect, these are your exclusive remedies. The warranty on any replacement product provided under this warranty shall be for the unexpired portion of the warranty period applicable to the original product.
In time periods during camera warranty, repair and or RMA shipping of Spartan Cameras, Spartan is not responsible for cellular data charges and is the responsibility of the end customer at all times.
The warranty agreement, as defined here, is the sole controlling terms. No other warranty information as published by SC, relating to other products, applies to the Spartan Camera series.
Initial shipping of items to SC for warranty coverage is the responsibility of the customer. SC has no responsibility for any items lost or damaged during incoming shipment. It is recommended that all shipments made by the customer be insured. Before shipping any items for warranty coverage, an RMA must be obtained via phone or the SC website. Any items received without a valid RMA may result in delays in service or loss of the item. If your RMA is approved, your RMA number is only valid for 30 days from the date of issue, and only for items originally listed on the RMA request form.
Customers will need to ship back the item(s) within 30 days of receiving their RMA number. If a package is received after the RMA has expired, the warranty will be considered from the date it is registered with Spartan Camera. In addition, Spartan Camera reserves the right to charge a shipping and handling fee in connection with the fulfillment of any valid claim. This is displayed on the online RMA form.
If you did not contact our support staff and complete the RMA form from our website, please include $11.95 for return shipping & insurance (For U.S. customers only. CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY, NON-REFUNDABLE). International customers pay a different amount of shipping & insurance depending on their location. Detailed information for this process will be included along with the RMA number.
Proof of Purchase or Proof of Warranty Coverage
We pride ourselves on providing top-quality scouting cameras for your hunting, research and security needs, and take quality seriously. We are constantly evolving our designs to ensure our products do the best job possible. When requesting warranty coverage, we may required the following:
- Warranty registration within 30 days of the original purchase date, via online at the SC website is required for warranty coverage to be valid.
- We may require proof that the claim is valid. In this regard, we may ask you to, for example, troubleshoot service issues via phone, e-mail or other electronic means, return your product to us for warranty coverage verification, or provide such other proof to allow us to determine the validity of warranty coverage on your claim. This most likely will require you to send your product in to us.
- We require you to provide us with your proof of purchase from an authorized dealer.
Exclusions and Limitations
Except for the limited warranty expressly set forth above or to the extent restricted or prohibited by applicable law, SC expressly disclaims any and all other warranties express or implied, including any warranty of quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, and you specifically agree that SC shall not be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages for breach of any warranty of any type on any SC product.
In addition to and without limiting the generality of the foregoing disclaimers, the limited warranty does not, under any circumstances, cover the refund or reimbursement of the cost of any wireless data charges incurred while warranty services are being rendered. Wireless data plan management is solely the purview of the account holder and should be managed accordingly if warranty service is necessary.
Warranty coverage is specifically limited to the original purchaser of the product and does not extend to any subsequent parties. Warranty coverage is exclusively limited to purchases made through an authorized dealer or retailer.
The refurbished item will carry, (1) the remaining balance of the warranty period of the original warranted item, (2) 90-day limited warranty, whichever is longer. The repair or replacement doesn’t extend the original warranty period.
This warranty is void if the product housing has been removed, if the product’s label, logo or serial number has been removed.
The following items are expressly excluded from warranty coverage:
- Any damage, malfunction or degradation of performance resulting from the use of the product in an environment not meeting the operating specifications set forth in the user manual. Spartan Cameras are water resistant; however, they are not waterproof.
- Any damage arising from natural causes, including but not limited to flooding, forest fires, lightning, hurricanes, tornados, volcanic events, falling trees or man-made structures, plant or fungal damage, damage from animals or insects, and damage arising from tampering by human beings.
- Any damage, malfunction or degradation of performance resulting from failure to properly prepare and transport the product as prescribed in published product materials.
- Any damage, malfunction or degradation of performance resulting from improper use or connection to incompatible batteries, power supplies or memory.
- Any damage resulting from attempts by personnel other than SC representatives to install, repair or service the product unless directed by an SC representative.
- The replacement of items that have been abused, misused, or tampered with in any way.
- The repair of an item that has been modified or integrated with other products when the effect of such modification or integration increases the time or difficulty of servicing the product or degrades performance or reliability.
- The performance of software or firmware updates or upgrades.
- The correction of user programming errors.
Once an RMA agent has received and evaluated your device(s), they will send you an email to confirm what should be done with the device. It’s the customer’s responsibility to respond to any inquiry initialized from our RMA department. If the customer does not respond within 90 days, the device(s) will be discarded.
If the product is beyond the warranty period, the price for repairing or replacing the product may vary. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
There will be a charge for repairs not covered by the warranty. Please contact support to determine more information and to discuss repair options not covered under warranty.